Week in review: Theme III = Unions, minorities, and the Convention Center
- Clash over labor proposal looms: City Council will debate an amendment tomorrow that would allow nonunion labor on Convention Center work.
- Opinion: UNIONS LABELED FAILURES ON MINORITY WORKERS: COUNCIL AMENDMENT A GUTSY MOVE TO CHANGE STATUS QUO
- Nonunion-labor deal for center is in sight
- Uncertainty over bill on expansion
- Editorial | Diversity in the Unions: No fairness, no jobs
- Council to unions: Adopt city's hiring goals
- Add minority workers, unions told: Five black city leaders decried disparities in organized labor as well as a work-site incident.
- Opinion: LABOR DEBATE NOT ABOUT CENTER: ADDRESS MINORITY INCLUSION ON ALL PROJECTS
- Mystery story (paper link broken): Rendell threatens to jerk his support if Council, unions don't swiftly mend Convention Center hiring rift