It's just too hot for news...
- Republicans in Harrisburg are asking for a delay in granting the first casino licenses, so that they can rewrite the gambling legislation to "close loopholes" and give legislators more oversight powers. Nothing like planning ahead... Dave Rialis has some ranting about this here.
- State Rep. Dwight Evans is making a circuit of speeches about the need for a sustained effort to combat gun violence. Lots of good discussions being had, although it's unfortunate that much coverage is through the lens of next year's mayoral race.
- Jill Porter expresses her frustration that a doctor's religious views trump the desires of rape victims to prevent pregnancy; examples are drawn from hospitals in Pennsylvania. Victimized once seems enough.
- A Daily News opinion piece takes on the dearth of minorities in the building trades, hoping that the current labor shortage will help to change the picture somewhat.
- Finally, America's Hometown notes that Pittsburgh is in the Top 10 US cities to live in (Philly comes in at 22).