Thursday, February 17, 2005

Yeowch!

Apparently Arlen Specter has Hodgkin's disease, a form of leukemia that has a much better prognosis than most. The Senator appears upbeat:
Specter, 75, said he planned to continue all his Senate duties as he received twice-monthly chemotherapy treatments over the next six to eight months. The survival rate for the form of Hodgkin's that Specter has is 60 percent to 70 percent, doctors said.

"I have beaten a brain tumor, bypass heart surgery, and many tough political opponents, and I'm going to beat this, too," Specter said in a statement released by his office. "I have a lot more work to do for Pennsylvania and America."
I'm sure I join all of PA in wishing him and his family all the best for the difficult months ahead. It's been a tough year to be Arlen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home